Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!


MISSISQUOI VALLEY RESCUE, INC. 

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING 

JANUARY 09, 2012

 

Opened the meeting:  The meeting opened at 1910 hours.

 

Attendance:  Paul Rocheleau, President; David St. Pierre, Secretary/Treasurer; Crystal Lampman, Director one; Keith Ploof, Director two, Chris Uzell, Director four.  Absent:  Lynn Billado; Tony Labor, Director three.

 

Secretary’s report:  Keith made a motion to accept the Secretary’s report as printed, seconded by Crystal.  No discussion.  The motion carried.

 

Treasurer’s report:  The current report is not available/not finished.  Dave presented the November 2011 report.  Keith made a motion to accept the November 2011 report as printed and read, seconded by Crystal.  No discussion.  The motion carried.

 

Vice-President’s report:  VP is absent, nothing to discuss.

 

OFFICER REPORTS:  

 

Building Maintenance:  The crews are doing general upkeep.  We are cleaning the cluttered areas, little by little.  The Christmas decorations have been taken down and stored.  We are going to see about having the quarters furnace serviced.  It is not putting out much heat.  We are going to change the furnace air filter.  We are going to purchase new garbage cans for the trailer.  The old ones are broken and the covers are missing.

 

Vehicle Maintenance:  Unit 1 has been fully serviced.  It has also had a front end alignment at J & L Service Center.  We have also had the leaky tire repaired, new valve extenders installed, and an inspection done.  Unit 2 is ok for now.

 

Supply:  Our supply cabinet/house has been put in order.  It was a mess.  Supplies have come in.  We should be ok for a while.

 

Communications:  We are still having problems with our pagers.  We now have two out of service.  We instructed radio repair to re-program the pagers so that the repeat program is removed.  All our repairs have been oriented on the repeat feature.  We have received the new narrow band license today.  We are looking to purchase new portables in the future.  We would like to eventually go to all portables and do away with the pagers.

 

Public Relations and Fund Raising:  The Christmas party went over really well.  Everyone had a good time.  We have had many requests for CPR/First Aid courses.  Dave has been scheduling different instructors to do these so that everyone gets practice.  Crystal stated that on February 4, 2012 which is a Saturday, a Penguin Plunge will be held on the waterfront in Burlington.  They are looking for team members to participate.

 

Training:  OB/GYN training is scheduled for Wednesday January 11th, 2012 in the Swanton Complex.  Communications and documentation training will be held on Wednesday January 25th, 2012.  February training will be on cold/heat injuries.  See Ray for more information.

 

District One Representative:  The new AEMT course has been postponed until early February 2012.  The EMT course will start on January 17th, 2012.  Chris Uzell has signed up for this course.  The transition courses are waiting for the state office to finish the new curriculum. All current personnel should have updated to the NREMT system.  The new 2010 CPR curriculum has been adopted by the District.  The protocols have been updated as well.  We are now awaiting Dr. Haak to sign them.

 

Board Member Reports:

 

VP:  Absent

 

Secretary/Treasurer:  Nothing to bring up to the BOD.

 

Director One:  Job shirts – question by personnel if they are a gift or considered uniforms.  Dave stated that the job shirts are uniforms and should be treated as such.  No uniforms should be worn off duty unless representing MVR at any function.

 

Director Two:  We are going to retire Benson (skeleton).  He will be put to rest in the Highgate cemetery. Keith is locating a newer one made of plastic.

 

Director Three:  Absent.

 

Director Four:  Nothing to report.

 

Old Business:  The new electric Stryker cot has been ordered.  Paul is developing an operations order for the Franklin County Field Days.

 

New Business: The BOD discussed having the night shifts and weekend crews perform rig checks during their duty time.  Crew leaders need to be more responsible during duty time.  We are looking to get crew leader meetings going again.  They may be done through the BOD.  We are looking to install the auto pulses inside the ambulances, if a safe place can be found.  We will check into this in the near future.

 

Scheduling:  We will be placing Nate on Tuesday nights starting on January 24th, 2012.

 

Adjournment:  Keith made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Chris.  No discussion.  The motion carried.  The meeting adjourned at 2120 hours.